PROGRAM 60 - SOUTH & NORTH PARK (21 DAYS, 20 NIGHTS)
1. Arrive Addis Ababa
2. Drive to Arba Minch, crossing the Rift Valley lakes and Wolayta people. O/N Arba Minch Hotel (or other).
3. AM drive to Chencha for Dorze people. PM boat trip on Chamo Lake. O/N Arba Minch
4. Drive to Jinka, by admiring Konso, Derase, Ari, Benna and Tsemay people. O/N camp or local hotel Jinka town.
5. Visit the Mursi people and villages. O/N Mago park camp.
6. Enter into the Karo people region and visit their village of Kortcho and Duss; with beautiful view over the Omo River
too. O/N camp Murulle or Duss.
7. Continue for the Hammer people region & O/N Turmi at the campsite.
8. Turmi, for villages, dance, possibly market & marriage ceremonies.
9. Excursion to Omorate, at the banks of Omo River, for Dassanech tribes & villages. Back for O/N Turmi.
10. Drive through Tsemay and Erbore people to the Konso villages. O/N Konso local hotel or camp.
11. Enter into Borena people region and afternoon visit ElSOD crater (where down the crater Borena men extract salt
for their cattle), Borena villages and more. O/N Yabelo local htl or camping.
12. Crossing Guji people region and very nice views drive to the Rift Valley lake of Awasa. O/N Pina htl.
13. Morning visit the fish market, and then drive back to Addis Ababa, by admiring the Rift Valley lakes of Shala, Abyata
and Langano, Afternoon free in Addis.
14. Drive north to Kombolcha, admiring Afar and Oromo people. O/N Kombolcha.
15. Drive Lalibela. O/N Lalibela
16. Full day visit of the 11 rock-hewn churches in Lalibela. O/N Lalibela.
17. Drive to Gondar. O/N Gondar.
18 Morning tour of Gondar’s castles and churches. Afternoon drivering to Bahar Dar. O/N Bahar Dar.
19. AM Blue Nile falls. PM boat on Tana lake, to admire two monasteries, as Ura Kidane Mehret and Mahal Zeghie
20. Drive back Addis Ababa. Afternoon free.
PROGRAM 61 - 21 DAYS SOUTH, EAST AND NORTH PART OF ETHIOPIA
1. Arrive at Addis Ababa airport and transfer to your hotel.
2. Drive to Arbaminch. On the way visit south Rift Valley Lakes and see the spectacular scenery and green covered
lands of the country. O/n Hotel/
3. Full day in Arbaminch to visit Netchsar National park which protects variaties of savannah habitats, ranging from
the knotted acacia scrub on the bridge of wide scenery. Once across the bridge, there are sweeping views over
the plains to majestic volcanic hills on the eastern boundary. After lunch drive for boattrip on Lake Chamo to enjoy
the most spectacular scenery of the lake and see the largest crocodile, species which riches until 6-meter length /
Crocodile Market/ of the African continent as well as birds species. After visit back to hotel.
4. Drive to Jinka with short stop to visit people of Konso, Tsemay, Bena and Ari tribes. Which are nice and different for
their hairstyle and way of dressing/ O/n Hotel/
5. Early drive to Mursi villages, the most celebrated residents of south Omo, were you can see their interesting culture
like women when age reaches about 20, silt is cut between lower lip and mouth. Over the next year, the gap is
progressively stretched until it is large enough for a small circular clay plate, so the plate is replaced with the larger
one, the process that is repeated until eventually the gap is large enough to hold the clay plate. the larger the lipplate
women can wear, the greater her value when she is married. After visit drive back to Jinka trough Mago National Park.
O/n / Hotel/
6. Drive to Turmi via Key Afer village, the region of the very nice Hammer people with unique hairstyle, cultures,
ornaments and traditions. If you are interested to cover the expense, the Hammers traditional dance will be arrange
by your guide. And if you are lucky, you will see also the Hammer people marriage ceremony. O/n / Camping/
7. Drive Dasench Village Omorate to see the Omo river and visit the Geleb people. After visit drive back to Turmi.
If it is saturday or monday, you can visit the market. O/n / Camping/
8. Drive back to Konso via Erbore, visiting the Marled tribes, which are migrated to their present homeland from Konso
perhaps two centuries ago. Because their ancestral and cultural links to Konso and the paternalists of the surroun-
ding lowland, they played an important role as middlemen in trade between people omo of river and Konso
highlands. On arrival visit Konso village O/n / Hotel/
9. Drive to Yabello. On the way visit Borena people and afternoon drive Dubluk to visit the singing walls. O/n / Hotel/
10. Drive to Awassa. On the way visit the interesting Green coffeeplant and some of traditional villages. O/n /Hotel/
11: After visit fish markets on Lake Awassa you will drive to Wondogent. This place is the small and green paradise.
Here you can swim in the natural hot water filled pool or take shower in the open roofed natural bath. Wondogent
is a nice spot for birdwatching and avery attraction forest. After relax drive continue Awash. O/n Hotel/
12. Early drive to Awash National Park and start gamedrive in the park to visit water falls, Awash rivers, animals like
Oryx, Gazelles, Baboons and Birds in the savanna. This place is additional spot next to Rift Valley. After visit drive
to Harar. On the way you will see the very attraction mountain and you will pass through marvelous scenery of
eastern Ethiopia. the highland and plains. O/n / Hotel/
13. Full day visit Harar city. Exploring in to what Harar and its surrounding have to offer the walled-city, Rimbaud
Museum, Hyena feeding, Hadre house and colorfull market. O/n / Hotel/
14. Drive back Awash. O/n / Hotel/
15: Drive to Kombolch. On the way visit the nomad Afar people and Village. O/n / Hotel/
16: Drive to Lalibela. On the way visit some of Amhra Region and people. O/n /Hotel/
17, Full day visit King Lalibela Rock-Hewn churches. The village named after the king who initiated the construction
of these churches in the12th century. O/n / Hotel/
18. Drive to Bahir Dar. On the way visit the interesting view and traditional village. O/n / Hotel/
19. Full day visit Bahir Dar City. Morning visit of thundering Tiss-Abay Falls. After visit drive back to the city. After lunch
boattrip on Lake Tana to visit Ura Kidane Mihret /Zeghie peninsula/ and Kibrahn Gebriel/ allowed for men only.
After visit drive back to your hotel.
20. After visit market place and palace area drive to Debre Markos. On the way you will visit the cultural Amhara
people village. O/n /Hotel/
21. Drive to Addis Ababa. On the way you will visit the Blue Nile Gorge and Dere Berhan Monastery.